The Jet Pilot
Your palate will do a tropical happy dance with just one sip of this 1950’s favorite. Martin Cate masterfully combines the most alluring rums, enticing spices and the freshest juices and house made syrups in resplendent revelry. Original to Steve Crane’s Luau in Beverly Hills, you’ll be signing up for flight lessons in no time.
- ½ oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ oz. fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- ½ oz. house made cinnamon syrup
- ½ oz. Velvet Falernum
- 1 oz Coruba Dark Rum
- ¾ oz "Smugglers Cove” Demarara Rum (by El Dorado)
- ¾ oz. Lemon Hart Demarara Rum
- Couple dashes of a mixture of Angostura bitters and Herbsaint
Put 2 cubes and lots of shaved ice into a drink mixer and blend for 2 to 3 seconds. Pour into a rocks glass. Slap a sprig of fresh mint, add a swivel stick and serve.